- Superior dimensional accuracy and surface finish.
- High level detergency keeps tools clean.
- Excellent foam suppression.
- Increases tool service life.
Aquatex 3180 is a high performance general purpose soluble oil, formulated for use in a wide variety of machining operations. With special base oils, coupling agents and a high level of emulsifiers, Aquatex 3180 forms a very stable emulsion in relatively hard water.
- High detergency performance keeps grinding wheels free of grit and fines, and flushes and settles chips.
- Excellent foam suppression in high-speed operations.
- High performance heat transfer and reduced tool/workpiece friction ensures precise dimensional accuracy and superior surface finish.
- High-efficiency detergency rapidly removes debris and increases tool service life.
- High level alkalinity reserve reduces emulsion acids, protecting machine and workpiece from rust and corrosion.
- Highly stable, long-service alkaline emulsion resists bacterial degradation and biocides combat micro-organisms.
- Light machining such as drilling, planing, milling, sawing and turning operations on a variety of carbon and alloy steels ranging from soft to medium hardness, particularly where carbide tip tooling is being used.
- Recommended for grinding operations where very clean emulsions are typically required to permit rapid settling of fines.
- Water-containing metalworking fluids such as soluble oil emulsions should never be used for machining operations on magnesium or magnesium-containing alloys as a fire or explosion hazard may exist. The recommended product for machining these metals is Caltex Almag Oil.
- Dilution: General machining: 5 – 10% Grinding: 5%.
- Aquatex 3180 forms a milky white emulsion when mixed with water.
- For use in water with total hardness up to 200 mg/L.
- Always add oil to water (not water to oil).
- Refractometer factor is 1.1 (i.e., a refractometer reading of 1°Brix represents an emulsion strength of 1.1%).
Typical test data